Note: If you’re editing captions created automatically, a new caption track that includes your revisions will be generated.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Subtitles.
- Click the video you’d like to edit.
- For the language you’d like to edit, in the “Subtitles” column, select Options Edit.
- At the top right, click Edit.
- Click on the caption track you want to edit.
- Click inside any line in the caption track panel and edit the text.
- When you’ve finished making changes, click Publish edits, at the top right.
- You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to overwrite existing subtitles. Click Publish.