Traditional Chinese Materia Medica follows TCM Introduction, with this one having a series of 12 lessons focusing on a specific category of Traditional Chinese herbology as well as individual herbs within each category in detail.
Each lesson looks in depth at these Chinese herbs utilizing herbal monograph studying by learning through integration the names; origins; meridians entered; energetics or temperature; traditional Chinese usages; famous combinations; other usages; scientific research; and more.
The objective is to gain in TCMM is to glean an understanding of each herb and its clinical usages for the benefit of the patient, for sure, but also for you. We emphasize that the deeper knowledge the better the result for all concerned, and this will go deep!
Includes: 12 Lessons – 11 Quizzes – Final Exam – Official Letter of Completion
The following course is a series of 12 lessons focusing on a specific category of traditional Chinese Herbology and the individual herbs within each category.
Each lesson looks in depth at these Chinese herbs through herbal monograph studying: the names, origins, meridians entered, energetics or temperature, traditional Chinese usages, famous combinations, other usages, and scientific research, etc. The objective is to gain an understanding of each herb and their clinical usages.
Traditional Chinese Materia Medica consists of 12 individual modules, representing the equivalent of 40 classroom hours and is mandatory for the Clinical Herbalist Diploma.
- Introduction to Traditional Chinese Materia Medica.
- Herbs that release the exterior.
- Herbs that clear heat.
- Downward draining herbs.
- Herbs that drain dampness. Herbs that expel wind-dampness.
- Herbs that transform phlegm & stop coughing.
- Aromatic herbs that transform dampness. Herbs that relieve food stagnation.
- Herbs that regulate qi.
- Herbs that regulate blood.
- Tonifying herbs.
- Herbs that warm the interior and expel cold and tonify yang.
- Herbs that stabilize & bind. Herbs that calm the spirit. Herbs that extinguish wind and stop tremors.
- FINAL EXAM