Wild Harvesting Herbs & Edibles
It’s time to start your adventure and learn all about the exciting world of harvesting with Wild Harvesting Herbs & Edibles.
First: explore ethics and sustainability to harvesting tips and techniques. We then go on to explore the tools you’ll require and considerations you’ll need to make before heading out into nature.
The result: in this online course you’ll learn how to connect with herbs in a way that will deepen your foraging experience.
Yarrow will cover how to harvest 40+ herbs (flowers, leaves, roots and fungi) commonly found in the wild and in gardens throughout North America. Learn valuable tips and regenerative herbal practices around foraging and harvesting to ensure these plants continue to flourish and so we can all enjoy the wild harvest for years to come.
Why learn about harvesting?
Harvesting plants sustainably and safely is an essential part of the role of a herbalist or nature lover. Not only will these skills allow you to craft your own plant medicine but they will also enable you to build a profound connection and relationship with the natural world around you.
Who is this course for?
Wild Harvesting Herbs & Edibles is an accessible course for folks with various levels of plant knowledge.
It is invaluable if you:
- are new to foraging and don’t know where to start
- want to learn from an expert how to forage and harvest with care and intention in the most sustainable way
- are seeking a deeper relationship and connection with plants rather than just simply identifying them
- need to acquire the knowledge of properly drying and storing your leaves, flowers and aerial parts to get the best quality out of your harvest
- desire some inspiration on what to do with your wild forage or garden harvest
- know plants academically or can easily ID dried material, but want to learn how to get to know the plants in their natural environment to be knowledgable through all phases of herbal medicine
Wild Harvesting is a foundational course that is part of the Practical Herbalist Diploma Program. It may be taken on its own or you can access it +10 other comprehensive courses when you register for the Practical Herbalist Diploma Program.